The Day Has Finally Come for CFAL4 Penang & How I did it.

The long awaited day has finally come, many of us have somehow prepared in a way or two for this event. Here is my perspective based on my pace.5:00am - Allan & Ho Lin waited for me at Farlim Petronas Station at 4:45am and rode to regroup with some of our local friends at Jelutong.6:30am - Many friends from Kuala Lumpur were there.These ladies are also from Kuala Lumpur.7:00am - The event started on time and watch out for this Go he is fast.My brothers were also in this g! rand eve nt Yong Lim, Ho Lim & Allan.7:20am - Jelutong7:30am Still on the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway.7:40am - I began to witness problems encountered by cyclists many with flat tyres.7:40am - This one was serious with saddle missing.7:45am Queensbay Mall7:50am South Bay8:20am Stalled at Teluk Kumbar by a fatal accident.8:30am We resumed.8:40am the start of the first long climb many pushed and I was glad I could mnaged it. Thanks to all thetrainingat Bukit Damansara & Ulu Langat.Apparently this newly built road helps make it safer and easier to climb. It was scenic and an enjoyable climb.I was amazed by this young boy one hand on the handle the other checking smses. He rides well with confidence.9:05am A couple on atandembike, well done and I can see that them enjoying the ride.9:25am my first stop for an isotonic drink @ Balik Pulau, by the time I reached most of the drink stations they were out of drink.9:35am Jalan Sungai Rusa9:45am The left turn is leading to Jalan Kuala Sg Pinang but we went straight.9:45am Going ahead into Jalan Telok Bahang
There were many cyclists stopping over here for food and drinks and after this point it was a tough ride, the second climb to Titi Kerawang.

9:50am I got excited when I saw this lorry sweeping for "gave-up" cyclists at the beginning of the second climb.Full load of gave-up cyclists on the way to the finishing line.9:55am This is the road of Jalan Teluk Bahang and the climb is covered with matured trees, the climb is tough but manageable.One of the biggest challenge of the ride.10:05am Titi Kerawang Waterfall10:30am Teluk Bahang Dam
10:40am Teluk Bahang town for food and drin! k.10:50 In front of Caltex Station Jalan Teluk Bahang11:10am Park Royal Hotel with drink station for cyclists (Batu Ferringhi) .11:35amStraitsQuay Shopping Mall11:40am Fettes Zone11:57am The ultimate point, the finishing line.We did it. And I did it my way with a time of 4hrs 57mins.What a feeling!!!Lucky draw time.Congratulation to Team Ori the fastest clocked 2hr 55mins and averagely 3hrs 30minutes. Well Done.Lunch with Ori Team at Cecil StreetDinner with Ori Team at Sunshine Bay at Tanjung Bungah, Thanks Jeff Yap for therecommendation.Thank you G Club Penang....I shall return.

No comments:

Post a Comment