Humble Beginnings Mille Crepe @ Jalan Telawi, Bangsar

I still remember my first slice of mille crepe..my brother had kindlytapau (buy back) a piece for me all the way back from Nadeje in Melaka. It was lusciously creamy, so delicious that I immediately fell in love with it.

Fast forward one year, and we can now get mille crepe in certain cafes in KL too.Prior to this, Humble Beginnings mille crepe were available for order online and they would deliver to your home or you could pick-up in certain locations in KL. I had them on my radar for some time, since some of my friends have commented in the past that their mille crepes were good. So naturally, I was very happy when I found out that they were opening a cafe in Jalan Telawi, Bangsar.

French Vanilla Mille Crepe


The shop is located next to Subway on Jalan Telawi, it is quite small but sufficient space for a cafe. There were about 5-6 types of mille crepe available during our visit plus cheesecakes. Usually I would order the French vanilla flavour at other places, so I thought we should try it here too.



The mille crepe here consists of twenty layers of crepes with combination of fresh cream and v! anilla c ustard. Everything is hand made and hand layered.

We have just had a heavy lunch, so I told Hubby we should share a slice, and if it's good, we can always order another. I had quite high expectations for the mille crepe here, but sadly I found the crepe layers too hard. It wasn't as smooth as we would have liked it to be, usually we could just use the fork and cut a slice effortlessly but struggled to do that here. :( However, the flavour was nice so we finished it anyway.

The guy in the shop also let us sample the mango cheese mille crepe and peanut butter chocolate. In hindsight, we should have tried out their samples first before ordering our slice of cake as the mango cheese one was really good and the texture is exactly how I envisaged the mille crepe to be. We did give our feedback to the guy in the shop, so hopefully the French Vanilla will be good the next time we visit.




I love the mango cheese mille crepe but wasn't crazy about the peanut butter chocolate

For their full menu, you can check out their website.

Opening times: 10am to 10pm.

Service: Good.

Price: RM9.90+ per slice. Whole cake - mille crepe: RM72+ (regular) and RM! 92+ (lar ge).

Location: Humble Beginnings Mille Crepe,30, Jalan Telawi,Bangsar Baru, 59100Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. (next to Subway)

Tel: +603 2282 8035

Website:http://www.humblebeginnings.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment