Notes to Self: Part Three

notestoself3

so continues the series on Joy the Baker. I make notes to myself. How to live. How not to live and how its ok if I burn the cookies.

SWITCH IT UP! Were more than half way through the year and one thing is certain Im most excellent at sticking myself is a happy-go-lucky-comfortable-RUT! Seriously, Joy your routine has become 100% routine, and I mean that in the most uncharming way possible Even your cat is bored with your morning tea, afternoon doldrums, and evening Real Housewives.

Halfway through the year. Dang more than halfway through the year.

This isnt about big goals or lofty resolutions its more about the day to day. Switch things up. Get out in the world and try your best to see it differently. YeaYeaYea see things differently. Be more present. Downward dog, yadda yadda yadda. But how do you actually make this happen?

Step One (of several): wake yo ass up early and get going!

notestoself3

Step Two: Do notnotnot checking your email from bed. Its a trap.

Step Three: Get out. Treat yourself to a fancy coffee from a cute barista in suspenders. Write.

Step Four: Write anything. Write about your dreams. Write about how you cant go to the laundromat too early on Thursday mornings because that creep dude with one eye is always there giving you the eye (no pun, real life) and you cant seem to get through a load without dropping a pair of your incidentals on the laundromat floor. Write about how you have nothing to write about but the creep dude from the laundromat. Its an exercise! . No jud gements here.

Switch it up. Lets go!

Notes to Self:

Part Two: Youre Allowed

Part One: Be Bold

notestoself3
Switch it up with a new coffee shop.
Good coffee = important.
Good looking baristas = surprisingly important.

notestoself3

Drink more water (instead of more gin).

Yea whatever.

notestoself3

Switch it up with a new book. I happen to be currently waaaaay tooo intoGone Girl.

Mystery. Murder? Suspicion. Oooh man its good.

notestoself3

Switch up the doodle. Add clay.

notestoself3

One of my favorite (totally girly and possible totally annoying) things to do is switch up a few of my make-up pieces. I say all of this like I actually wear a lot of make-up which I dont (mostly because I dont know how to apply it without looking like a clown). Bobbi Brown Pretty Pink Blushis my new cheek treat. Mucho major.

notestoself3

Switch it up with a pretty house treat. Im smitten with theseRifle Paper Coasters. If youre a part ofJoy the Baker + Lost Crates, you know aaaalll about these lovelies. xoxxo.

notestoself3

Switch it up in the kitchen! This week I busted out a new cookbook and tried a recipe with fresh figs. For some reason Ive never baked with fresh figs. Good switch. Ill show you the recipe later this week! I hope you swoon!

The old switcheroo! Its self-trickery Ill take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment