Namoo on the Park, Korean Dessert Cafe N Bistro, Publika KL

When I read on Sean's blog that Namoo serves rice burgers, my interest was piqued. Namoo on the Park is a Korean Dessert Cafe & Bistro in Publika serving Korean food fused with a modern twist.

What a cute little cafe..


I loved Namoo's cute mascot (lil animal chef), if I was a passerby in the mall, I would immediately be drawn into this cafe. Inside, the restaurant has tall glass windows and doors and decor is contemporary modern. We took a seat by the front on one of the very comfortable seats. Overall, this place has a very nice ambiance and is fairly quiet, hence it is good for catching up with friends.



A little bit about Namoo

The menu here is a reversal of regular menus, starting with beverages on the first page, followed by desserts and then mains. The desserts apparently were only found in the king's kitchens in the past - it is something I would definitely return to try. The plan was to eat my rice burger and then order desserts but the burger portion was much larger than expected. Not that I'm complaining ;P

There is the option of either grilled chicken breast with ! bibi sau ce (RM19.90) or grilled handmade beef patty with fried egg (RM23.90). The latter appealed to me because of the fried egg option ;) The rice burger is a substantial portion, with the beef patty sandwiched between two thick handmade grilled rice buns. Even the waitress couldn't believe that the rice burger was my order and not Hubby's.

The rice burger feels healthier than regular burgers, and I also felt it was rather balanced with fresh vegetables, rice, meat, cheese and egg. The rice buns are nice but very filling (hence no desserts for me). Was very happy that the fried egg had a runny yolk as well. The rice burger is served with a side salad, which had an appetizing dressing and potato wedges (very nicely done).





Runny egg yolk ;)

Hubby had the kimchi fried rice (RM13.90), whereby the fried rice was served wrapped in a fried egg. Pretty neat way of serving it and it tasted delicious too. This was served with a healthy side salad and pickles.





Verdict: I will definitely return as there are still many things I would love to try such as the white kimchi cold noodles, as well as the desserts!

Join their Facebook page here.

Pork-free.

Service: Good.

Location: Namoo on the Park, Korean Dessert Cafe N Bistro, Publika, Lot 4A, Level G3, Solaris Dutamas, 1 Jalan Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

GPS Coordinates:3.171068, 101.665249

*All photos taken with iPhone4S.

No comments:

Post a Comment