Five Good Things

catman

There are awesome things going on in my kitchen. Awesome things like the oven is off. Awesome things like the dishes are clean. Awesome things like the cats new haircut means that theres generally less cat hair everywhere. Ps. The cat learned this over the shoulder pose from the Olsen twins. Demure.

Since all Im eating is popsicles and fried rice, lets talk about inspiration. Have you seen the Internet? Its all over!

The Everygirlis a new site by two excellent Chicago-living ladies, Danielle Moss and Alaina Kaczmarski.Everyday Girl is a really nice place to land. They have career features and interviews with women trying their best to live their dreams (Check out this feature with the Blogshop ladies). Everyday Girl also features fashions spots and health tips but I super love that they have a finance section. Its not often enough that people tell me to chill out on my credit card and to think once or twice about a Roth IRA right!?

I still just swoooon major for this line of jewelry fromUnearthen. Its design is exactly like its name: you know, from the ground. Im not sure how much longer I can live without this watch. In reality the answer is probably a long time, but I love it!

beach!    coffee

Have you seen the365 Days of Hand LetteringProject by Lisa Congdon? It is inspired and inspiring. It makes me want to pick up a pen and write kind words reminding myself to be kind to myself. I can be such a jerk to myself sometimes. but maybe thats just me.

If youd let me snoop around your medicine cabinet I would. If you let me gawk at your shoe closet (or shoe pile) Id root through that. If youd let me admire your silverware drawer Id totally be all over that. Im nosey. Closet Visitwas made for me. Closet Visit goes deep inside the closets of beautiful and talented women. The site will make you love and hate. Love = the beauty and talent of the women that surround us. Hate = our own shoe closet (pile).

books and dinner

Im deep into a big pile of cookbooks (and a small cup of chocolate covered sunflower seeds). Im going to make you some ice cream from the Savory Sweet Life cookbook. Im totally making pancakes from Clinton St. Baking Company cookbook, and oooooh the Cupcakes and Cashmere book. Heart! I feels like such a treat to brows! e throug h all these books. Its like vacation on the couch.

I love you, I do! Enjoy this day!

xo Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment