bacon corn hash

bacon corn hash, wisp of steam

I just realized we are almost halfway through with summer and while I should be totally stoked about this seeing as were melting through our fourth heatwave so far this summer in NYC and given what awesome things are in store for the fall I am spectacularly bummed as I am just getting used to having an avalanche of delicious summer produce at my disposal and havent had time to do half of what I wanted to with it yet. Plus, this guy turns three at the end of the summer and I cant, I wont accept it. More time, please! For everything.

oatmeal strawberry cookies so much broccoli slaw
summer salsa fresca summer squash torte, simplified
buttermilk cornmeal chicken tenders

I missed you last week, a crazy week that did not entail, as hinted, a vacation but the heard-it-all-before-so-Ill-spare-you tune about too much to do and too little time. Ive been cooking more this month then my absence let on, just not a lot of things that seemed worth stepping up to this internet microphone to clear my throat and tell you about, things like oatmeal strawberry cookies (utterly delicious, but only for the first hour, after which they became chewy and sad, sigh) and a spectacular amount of broccoli slaw (five batches already this summer, a record). A summery salsa fresca with the first cherry tomatoes to go with our huevos rancheros and a streamlined version of this summer squash torte we cant get enough of (there are new notes in the recipe, but Id like to reshoot it and add more details soon, too). I made heart-shaped tiny whole wheat cherry chocolate chunk scones (closet Cherry Garcia fiend, here) for a friends daughters second birthday party and Ive been fiddling around with various baked chicken tender recipes (for times when you crave crunchy chicken but have little desire to deep- or shallow-fry anything), looking for a winner.

diced red potatoes

... Read the rest of bacon corn hash on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to bacon corn hash | 6 comments to date | see more: Breakfast, Corn, Meat, Photo, Potatoes, Summer



No comments:

Post a Comment