Whisk Espresso Bar & Bake Shop, Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang Jaya

A trio of sweet delights...

The Pink Stacks, The Last Polka ice cream and colorful macarons

Hubby and I were killing time before our food review at Di Wei in Empire Subang. Knowing how much I love all things sweet, he turned to me and said, "Wanna go to Whisk?". Who says men don't know their women well. LOL.

When we walked through the door, the first thing we noticed was The Pink Stacks (RM14.90). I follow Whisk on Facebook and always read that these cakes sell FAST (or always sold out). Lo and behold, there it was... the last piece of cake, waiting dutifully for me. Come to mama...



Whisked away to a magical place filled with all things nice..

The main attraction for me is how pretty it looks. Layers of pink colored ombre white chocolate flavoured buttercake with WHISK's Signature Rose Buttercreme really does it for me. Not only a pretty cake, it tasted pretty lovely and moist.

Hurrah.. I got the last piece!


Pretty in every angle


When we saw that they sold The Last Polka ice cream here, we decided to get one of those too. We first tried it at Ril's Steakhouse, where we had the salted gula melaka flavour which we loved. Hubby chose the teh tarik flavour this time, which was alright but as a matter of personal preference, I liked the salted gula melaka flavour better.


The Last Polka ice cream - teh tarik flavour (RM7.20)


Creamy ice cream

Ah, I can never resist macarons. We got three flavours to share - red velvet, rose and chocolate. They are quite small and are priced at RM2.20 each. Texture wise, they are not very consistent, mostly too soft in the centre. Out of the three flavours, the chocolate one is the best followed by rose.



I love stacking em' macarons


Friends have often told me that Whisk does really good coffee, but since I am not a coffee drinker, I couldn't put that to the test and just had tea instead. However, another reader Ulric mentioned that they do a fab Oreo milkshake - now that's something I would love to return and try. ;)

English breakfast tea (RM6)


Love the pretty floor

Read my previous review here.


Verdict: Whisk is a nice place to hang out (quiet and relaxed) and enjoy cakes with coffee/tea. I enjoyed The Pink Stacks very much.

Pork-free.

Service: Friendly.

Price: Total bill was RM34.70.

Location: Whisk Expresso Bar & Bake Shop, LG 03A, Empire Shopping Gallery, Jalan SS16/1, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-5022 2060

GPS Coordinates: 3.082033, 101.583200

No comments:

Post a Comment