May 11: The Martha Stewart Show

martha stewart show beatrice peltre tartine gourmande

Photo by Rob Tannenbaum/The Martha Stewart Show 2012 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All Rights Reserved

It still feels surreal that I was there. In magical NYC, on Wednesday, April 4, 2012. Standing next to Martha Stewart in her studio kitchen. Laughing. Cooking together.

Needless to say, dear readers, that this occasion was quite an experience for me!

Her staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.

I loved to be there.

And cook.

tartine spring vegetables

Tartine with spring vegetables, smoked salmon and basil oil recipe

I knew it before, but seeing it with my own eyes confirmed that Marthas kitchen is a dream for anyone coveting delicious and pretty props of all style and color. A green cake stand? Sure, there are plenty of those. And what about pretty turquoise blue bowls? Not a problem either.

The theme of the show was French food. Two other charming ladies were part of it. Talented French Ariane Daguin, founder of DArtagnan, prepared glazed duck breast while chef Jody Williams from Buvette made a French classical mousse au chocolat (chocolate mousse).

Photo by Rob Tannenbaum/The Martha Stewart Show 2012 Martha ! Stewart Living Omnimedia. All Rights Reserved

The show will air on May 11 at 10 AM. So if you are interested in watching it, turn on your TV to Hallmark Channel (see the schedule here). I will be there. Cooking vegetables tartines and baking brown butter and pistachio financiers. They are recipes (2 out of 3) from my cookbook.

brown butter financier pistachio tartine gourmande gluten free

Brown butter pistachio and poppy seeds financiers recipe

The brown butter pistachio and poppy seed financiers flavored with cardamon are invariably a hit with anyone who tastes them. When Lulu turned one, I remember that I had baked mini versions of them because at one, the world of pistachios and walnuts and pecans and hazelnuts was suddenly opening up to her. And I am so glad it did because Lulu really loves nutsas well as these financiers.

As to the tartines, Martha chose one prepared with cherry tomatoes roasted slowly in the oven with tarragon, and I suggested another tartine prepared with spring greens (asparagus, peas and watercress), smoked salmon, and ricotta flavored basil oil. If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you know that these are favorites in my kitchen.

tartine roasted tomatoes tarragon tartine gourmande cookbook gluten free

Tartine with tarragon flavored slow roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, and prosciutto recipe

Of course, I was nervous to cook with Martha. And inevitably, I felt that my head was in the clouds during that splendid day in NYC.

I hope youll enjoy. I am excited to see the show on Friday since I have not yet seen the images.

Photo by Rob Tannenbaum/The Martha Stewart Show 2012 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All Rights Reserved

I am extremely thankful to Greta, the wonderful producer I worked with, and her entire team who made it so comfortable for me (lets say it, its pretty nice to have someone else fix your hair!)

Well my dear readers, in short, what a day it was! I am still smiling at it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment