Toast and Roast Char Siew SS2 Petaling Jaya

I am constantly looking for the best Char Siew and Roast pork in town. While having the best cut of roast pork at Wong Kee, I never get satisfied with my Char Siew yet. So far the best out of all that I have taste, I like Meng Kees. It doesnt matter at the old location or the daughters outlet in Shah Alam which I am quite frequent there. As for PJ, the best Char Siew which I had previously is by Ah Khais at Taman Paramount. That fella recently migrated to New York to start a new life there. You see people sell Char Siew can work till migrate to New York and we all as normal worker still stuck here and going no where.

To cut the story short, I recently saw a lot people blog about Toast and Roast having the best Char Siew in town. I went and try it yesterday for brunch.

The glorious char siew having their sun tan.

Toast and Roast are kinda easy to locate. If you know how to go Restaurant New Paris, just go straight until to the end of the road. That would be a dead end junction that suppose link you to Tropicana City Mall. However they blocked the road. The restaurant is located on your right hand side.

The setup of the restaurant are rather simple and clean compared to normal kopitiam. All the tables come with chili that you eat it with your char siew. I hate those place that are stingy with their chili.

The char siew were perfectly roasted on charcoal fire with the crispy edge which some people call that cancer maker. I call it ohhh la la . heaven. You see the whole place are filled with char siew and a little bit of roast pork and chicken only. Those were the sidekick at this restaurant.

The char siew some how pretty oily for me. It still retain the slight crispy outer layer with a soft inner texture that has a 2 layers consist of fats and lean meat.

This is a small portion which cost me RM8 and rice are not included. To me I find that it is kinda pricey but once in a while bring me no harm for easing my Char Siew crave. If you ask me will you come here everyday? I wouldnt be. I dont want my artery blocked with so much char siew juice.

Location:
Toast & Roast (Char Siew available only 10:30am onwards)
No. 20, Jalan SS2/72
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
GPS Coordinates: N3 07.698 E101 37.675
Tel: 016-682 2249
Closed on alternate Tuesdays

Twitt

No comments:

Post a Comment