The case of the disappearing giant macaron

I was already in bed when Bald Eagle came home from work. As he reached over to kiss me, I could detect a faint smell of coffee on his breath. To be specific, it smelled like caramel latte. To be even more precise, it smelled like the caramel latte macaron I had just bought from Delectable by Su that evening which I hoped to savour the next day.

Mmmm.the macaron was good, he murmured.

Dont tell me you ate my macaron, I said.

Of course I ate it, he said, nonchalantly.

But its MY macaron, I exclaimed.

Yup, he replied.

My macaron.

Uh-huh.

********

An hour later, I nudged him, trying to call his bluff. You really ate my macaron?

Its gone now.

You ate my macaron, I sniffled.

If it wereyourmacaron, dear, you wouldnt have displayed it in full prominence in the fridge to tempt me, he explained, as he would to a child.

And with that, the matter was closed.

********

Having tasted several giant macarons from the shop prior to the case of my disappearing macaron, I can attest to the fact that Sus macarons have a lovely texture; a crisp outer shell and a fudgy centre, with flavours that are not overly cloying. The size, easily 6-7 cm in diameter, allows for more consistency in texture. I do love the lemon raspberry macaron which provides a refreshing contrast in flavours. The salt in the salted chocolate macaron, on the other hand, is a bit undetectable I would have liked it more had the flavour been more prominent. However, I am unable to comment on the caramel latte macaron thanks to a hungry husband, but Im hoping hell read this and return the favour one day. Soon.

Delectable by Su
Shops in The Garden! s Mall a nd Pavilion KL.


No comments:

Post a Comment