buttermilk roast chicken

buttermilk roasted chicken

Without a doubt, the very best part of fried chicken is the battered, seasoned, gold-tinged and impossibly crisp exterior. But, as far as Im concerned, the tender chicken within is no distant second. The best fried chicken recipes have you soak the uncooked chicken in a salty/sweet brine of buttermilk and seasonings for at least day, resulting in meat thats decadent long before it hits the fryer. Wouldnt it be great if the insides could garner the same gushing their pretty skins do?

the next evening
drizzled lightly with olive oil

This is what I was thinking of when I stumbled on an old Nigella recipe for buttermilk roasted chicken. Of course, that was four weeks ago and for three of them, I sat at a table piled with eraser dust and red pencil overlooking the avenue below, editing away dreaming mostly of the buttermilk chicken I would finally make when I was done. The recipe turned out to be a good place to start, but I wanted more a longer soak, more salt, less oil, more garlic and, for some reason, I felt the recipe was itching for paprika. So, I went another round with it last night finishing it with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of more paprika and flaked sea salt before roasting it and this, at last, was the buttermilk chicken I had dreamed about.

sprinkled with paprika and sea salt

... Read the rest of buttermilk roast chicken on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to buttermilk roast chicken | no comment to date | see more: Budget, Meat, Photo, Quick



No comments:

Post a Comment