scallion meatballs with soy-ginger glaze

scallion meatballs with soy-ginger glaze

Its a fairly accurate indication of how charmed my life is these days that I considered the act of having to choose what I would make to bring to a New Years Party tomorrow difficult. If makes you wonder what Id consider easy which spa gift certificate I should use first to get a manicure before the party? Whether I should wear the earrings from this years or last years little blue box to the party? Which jet to take there? Its all in a day of the glamorous life of a food blogger. Ahem.

scallions, greens, bottles of stuff
meatball ingredients, ready to mix

In the last year, Ive made a lot of jabs, mostly in my own direction, about how much various projects that I thought Id handle like a pro have in fact kicked my ass in order, those would be: a toddler, a cookbook, trying to have evenings and weekends work-free for Fun Family Things (even if theyre, like, Lets go buy mama more conditioner and eat warm pretzels along the way!) and this weird blend of feeling like I have absolutely no time for myself while also spending too much time by myself. We are definitely not going to discuss how many hours I have spent this year wondering how anyone ever gets dinner on the table/keeps an apartment clean/gets any sleep/takes vacations all while looking cute. ! Nope, de finitely not that either. But if you could read through the self-deprecation and exhaustion, I always hoped youd figure out that I was, am, totally blissed out by this life I ended up with. This gig 4:30 a.m. wake-ups, this beast and all is pretty sweet and I wouldnt change a thing about it. I hope next year involves more of the same, with a little more travel and a lot more hanging out with people like you.

frying and spattering, ow

... Read the rest of scallion meatballs with soy-ginger glaze on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to scallion meatballs with soy-ginger glaze | one comment to date | see more: Appetizer, Jewish, Meat, Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment