Pineapple Hotel Steakhouse @ Kangaroo Point

I am alive!


After stressing about how we were going to pack everything up in our unit, getting it insured, whether the removalists will come, where to park our car over Christmas, I am glad it is almost all over.


Most of the stuff is now packed in boxes, I have just paid for insurance, confirmed that I can have a parking space over Christmas at my apartment and reassured myself that the removalist is no con job.


Apart from that, we have been visiting all our favourite joints at any available opportunity; once a week of the tonkotsu ramen in Sunnybank and lots of Korean Fried Chicken.


It was not only last weekend that we said to ourselves, "hey it is our last weekend in Brisbane, yes we are kind of broke but shouldn't we try some more new places?".


So we did.


After flipping through the Entertainment Book which is well seasoned, we decided to steak out at Pineapple Hotel.


Pineapple Hotel is one of those "hotels" that actually doesn't have accommodation but is a pub / steakhouse / pokies bar. With a display of various cuts of beef in different sizes, it got us salivating.


I decided to order the signature cut, the 700 gram T Bone which was gigantic.


IMG_1789


At AUD 40, it was not cheap but having the buy 1 free 1 deal, it was a bargain at AUD20. A steak this size at the butcher will cost you close to that. However, it wasn't perfect.

Mine didn'! t come w ith any garden salad despite the description on the menu. However I wasn't really in the mood for green leaves and I was pretty sure the waitress would have obliged to give me some. Slight oversight.

I guess the problem I had with the steak was that it didn't have enough char on it, probably due to 2 things; the grill wasn't hot enough or there was NO seasoning on the steak. Although not just exclusively to Pineapple Hotel, I find that a number of places just don't season their steak before going on the grill, is it an Australian habit?

That said, the meat was cooked according to how I want and I might have made a mistake ordering butter instead of a sauce since the steak wasn't seasoned.

If I had to go for steak at a "hotel", I am afraid there are a few places that are a notch better than this namely Caxton, Norman and Breakfast Creek.

However if you like your steak au natural with no seasoning, this is the place for you, especially if you can get hold of an entertainment voucher.

Address and contact details:


Pineapple Hotel Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 3 stars out of 5 stars. I am afraid the steaks here are not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment