Very Angry Bird

What an awful day I had today! I made 2 jellies and a jelly cake and was getting ready to cook a special dinner for my family and in-laws when I opened the fridge and the whole jelly cake, which was on a cake stand, slipped and fell off to the floor! But all wasn't lost because the top 3 layers of jelly held together well and stayed on the cake stand. It was 4:30 pm. What should I do, I wondered, make a new one or go with whatever's left? There won't be much sunlight left for photography by the time I finished another one. But being a perfectionist and an optimist, I went ahead and make another one anyway. It's now in the fridge and I'll have to publish today's post with whatever I have, and post Part 2 tomorrow.






It's the first day of the final mock exams for SPM (high school equivalent of O Levels and Grade 10) and it's also my son Wey's 17th birthday. He said it's a crappy birthday present from the education department to schedule the first day of exams on his ! birthday . On top of that, he's in bed with a fever so tonight's celebration looks like it'll have to go on without the birthday boy. Good, I don't intend to cut the new jelly cake. We'll sing and cut the broken cake. Then I'll salvage the eyes, the brows and the beak from the forst cake for tomorrow's photo shoot.

This cake is inspired copied from here. I didn't think I was going to include this cake as part of the Jelliriffic! challenge but my daughter said that it qualifies, since I used the mould to make the beak. Anyway, it's better than nothing to post.

Very Angry Bird
1. Place a ring pan over a flat serving plate or

No comments:

Post a Comment