Spider-Man Dr. Pepper Red Velvet Cupcakes


When I saw Williams-Sonoma Spider-Man cupcake decorating kit I knew I had to make something with it. Red velvet seemed like the natural choice for him but it needed more pizazz. Around the time the movies came out, I remember them always advertising Dr. Pepper with it. Since they are both red they must taste great together. Only logical.

To make my life easier I decided to use a cake mix and came across the Fun da Middles (their spelling not mine). Which basically makes your own Hostess cupcake with a cream filling! Yes! I must say it is fun, clever and tasty but if you cannot find it, a jar of frosting will work too. I felt with the stuff in the center we don't need more frosting on top so I didn't put any there. You may disagree and you may want to put some on top. I won't judge you.

And I do apologize for all of the chemicals in this. You could potentially get super powers from eating one of these. Or potentially screw up your brain thinking you have super powers. You win either way.

Spider-Man Red Velvet Cupcakes

What you need:
1 box chocolate cake mix (preferably Fun in da Middle)
1 can Dr. Pepper
1 container red food coloring
1 jar frosting (unless you have the super cool cake mix)

What you do:
Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and Dr. Pepper until well combined. Then stir in the food coloring until it is bright red. Divide the batter amongst the cupake liners, filling them 2/3 of the way, about 2 tablespoons of! batter in each. Then place a dollop of the frosting in the center of the batter, making sure it does not touch the sides. Then place another third or tablespoon of batter on top. Smooth over the batter making sure they are all even and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment