Lemon Meringue Pie Milkshakes

IMG_6009

I have a super power. I can look at a sad, understocked, and unloved fridge and find a dessert in it. You have the bottom scrapings of the peanut butter jar, a bit of powdered sugar, and some random chocolate chips? Dessert. You have honey and walnuts? I think theres something we can do there. You have marshmallows? Um thats totally dessert. Youd be surprised of the wonders you can work with strawberry jam. Bacon can be salty dessert. Bake it with brown sugar, you big dummy. Granola? Put that on anything and drizzle it with honey. Barbecue sauce!? Wait only if youre desperate. Capers? No those arent ever dessert. Maybe Ive gone too far.

IMG_5900

Heres a dessert that came from my (slightly) understocked fridge. Ok.. truth be told, I had lemon sorbet in my freezer. Maybe that doesnt exactly count as understocked but maybe Ive just spoiled myself. I mixed tart lemon flavors with creamy milk and crunchy graham crackers. The result is a no muss, no fuss, anytime dessert-y good time.

This is another one of those loose recipe situations. Life doesnt always require lists. Lets just go with it.

Grab a blender and a pint of tart lemon sorbet. Blend sorbet with about 2/3 cup of milk. I used a few splashes over 2/3 cup. Once milkshake is blended smooth and thick, add a hearty handful of crumbled graham crackers. Stir with a spoon. Spoon the milkshake into 4 small glasses. Top with whipped cream and more graham cracker crumbled. Eat with a spoon and big ol straw. Enjoy immediately. Recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of milkshake.

It! s creamy , bright , crunchy, DELICIOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment