Peach Cobbler for One (or two if youre nice)

IMG_5013

Things I Say Too Often:

- Duh. Totes.

- How you livin?

- Why is this orange juice making me more thirsty!?

- Shut it.

- Huh?

- Dddrrrriiiiiiiiivvveeeeee (faster please)!

- Small coffee. Room for cream, please.

IMG_4977

This I Dont Say Often Enough:

- Hey Mom. Thanks for birthing and raising me. That couldnt have been easy. You did a great job.

- Hey Dad. Thanks for working so hard to 35 years to support your family. I appreciate you so much.

- Oh geez. Was I being passive aggressive just then? Im sorry. I understand that thats totally annoying. Ill try to be aggressive aggressive next time.

- Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate you so much.

- I love you. You should totally marry me. I mean really.

- More pie, please.

IMG_4984

Im learning. Life is short. Say what you mean. Stop saying DUH all the time.

Ive also learned how to make myself a fake-out pie on the quick.

IMG_4991

A ripe peach is cut in! half an d pitted. A bit of peach flesh is scooped out we need to make room for mega amounts of coconut almond streusel. Priorities.

When baked, the fruit softens and sweetens. When baked, the topping melts, browns, and crisps.

Two mini peach cobbler/crumbles in about 25 minutes flat.

IMG_5047

This is a quick and hearty summer dessert. Its totally breakfast meets dessert meets I just made myself dessert at midnight when Im supposed to be falling asleep reading The Help.

Do you have ice cream at home? I dont. I pretend that cold milk is ice cream. Close enough in a pinch.

Consider making this dessert with nectarines, plums, or apricots this summer. Pick a stone fruit and get baking. Its so warm and satisfying.

Its a mini version of this Strawberry Pineapple Crumble.

Simple and delicious. I understand if you dont want to share.

Peach Cobbler For One (or two if youre nice)

Print this Recipe!

1 ripe peach

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup packed light brown sugr

3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

pinch of salt

1 tablespoon shredded coconut

1 tablespoon slivered almonds

2 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cubed

Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Slice a peach in half and remove the pit. With a small spoon, scoop out the the dark red pit center, creating just a bit more room for the crumble topping.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, oats, salt, coconut, and almonds. Add butter an! d, with your fingers, work the butter into the dry ingredients. Quickly break up the butter until it is well combined. Some of the butter bits will be the size of oat flakes, others will be the size of small peas.

Place peach halves, cut side up, in a small, oven-safe dish. Top each peach half with a generous portion of crumble topping. Heap it on!

Bake for 20 minutes, until topping is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cold milk. Peaches are best served warm from the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment