Fish Lovers @ Rosalie, Brisbane

While sipping coffee and flipping through the newspapers one Saturday morning, we came across the article "Brisbane best Fish n Chips". What can I say, the words "Fish" and "Chips" must have hit the belly button and I knew exactly what we were going to have for lunch. Alas, without remembering the name of the shop and roughly remembering the address as a number on Baroona Road, I drove right to the main row of shop lots and saw "Fish Lovers". Well, Baroona Road and Fish n Chips, this must be it, I proclaimed.


However a couple of days later, I guessed I read wrong, it was The Fishery that the newspaper was referring to.


Despite not trying the "best", Fish Lovers is not as bad as it looked.


IMG_1275

The place was clean and a variety of fish were on display, for sale as is or cooked to order. Cod and chips bought me back to the days of London and I ordered some, hoping to find a taste of the holiday, four years ago.


IMG_1278

It came out looking the part. The fish looked golden brown, perfectly battered and fried. The chips were all thick and chunky, again fried without any signs of sloppiness. Alas, it was lacking in the flavour department. Some bits of the fish was overcooked and it all tasted rather bland, despite all the specks of salt you see on the plate. A rare occasion that I actually didn't finish u! p all th e chips. However being a fan of calamari, I can assure you those rings were gone in no time.

Despite the battered fish not being as good as expected and I was no where near experiencing flash backs of London, I saw effort taken to present this; no burnt bits, neatly presented, so hopefully the next time I visit, a simple grilled fish with a salad might fare better.

Address and contact details:

Fish Lovers on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 3 stars out of 5 stars. A decent place for some fish but unfortunately not what I was looking for. Another weekend of fish and chips, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment