Chasio Garing ACC (Chinese Restaurant)

I came all the way from Sudirman to Jalan Pangeran Jayakarta, in Glodok, because I was told this street had some of the best Chinese street food stalls and warungs in Jakarta.

When I arrived, it was already late but some venues were still crowded. I chose one of them, Chasio Garing Acc, for a simple reason: They had air-conditioning. It turned out their unit was not functioning very well, so I had a chance to sweat a little, and also to get a few mosquito bites.

There isn't much to say about the inside as it looks like any typical warung: 4 walls with kitschy ornaments and posters, basic chairs and tables, and uncertain hygiene.

I had eaten the best Grilled Duck ever a week earlier in Liyen, and the one in Chasio Garing Acc was quite disappointing. Since it is twice as cheap in the latter, there wasn't much to expect anyway. I also tried the Beef Kwetiaw: The ingredients were not very fresh and the meat low quality. I only had a few bites and couldn't finish.
Kwetiaw Sa! pi Kuah (Boiled Kwetiaw with Beef, Rp22k)Hainan Peking Bebek Panggan (Grilled Duck la Hainan, Rp38k)
Overall: I was hoping I would find a gem in Jalan Pangeran, and it didn't happen. Chasio Garing Acc is fine if you love Chinese food and live 50 meters from the restaurant. If not, I don't think it is worth it.
Opening Hours:
Everyday from 10am to midnight

Chasio Garing Acc (Chinese restaurant)
Jalan Pangeran Jayakarta (Pang-J)
No. 34 DD (Panca Warna), Jakarta
Phone number: +62-21 659 7263 / 625 0767

They also have two other branches:
Jalan Danau Agung Utara,
Blok G3 No. 12 (Satu Arah Sunter Mall)
Phone number: +62-21 913 02 943 / 6400 974/5

Jalan Boulevard Raya TB2/30
Kelapa Gading
Phone number: +62-21 452 0575 / 451 4331 / 96 445 222

No comments:

Post a Comment