Hamptons Home Living @ Paddington, Brisbane

My original plan was to post an invited review toSak but having seen two reviews in the span of two days, I think it can stay in the archive for a couple of days before it surfaces.


Meanwhile, with plenty of photos in another archive, I thought I share a breakfast place with you.


Hamptons Home Living is slightly unique in its own sense, with life probably starting off as a shop selling home decor. With a kitchen installed and tables and chairs placed on the surrounding balcony of the quaint Queenslander, a promising breakfast place seem to have emerged.

IMG_1226

The reason why I would first and foremost come back for is because of their brew. Using beans from St Ali and Melbourne, in particular, a regular latte may be a little too light for the day to day coffee drinker but order a double shot and you got the perfect cup for the weekend. That being said, coffee is such a subjective topic that I shall refrain from commenting further.

IMG_1230


The Omelette that day came with pumpkin cubes, onions and a chili jam. The savoury and slightly spicy jam was the perfect thing to go with the extra large portion of eggs. The extra side of chorizo for AUD 5 seemed a stingy portion but chorizo is not exactly the cheapest gourmet item in the supermarket.

IMG_1!  228


The Full Breakfast came with everything you can expect in a full monty;Schulz cold smoked bacon, your eggs, parmesan rosti, roasted tomato, mushrooms, thyme and leavain sourdough. My only complaint though was with so many salty items, I wished there was more than a tiny piece of toast to eat it with. Then again, with so much on the plate, do you really want more toast?

Was I happy with breakfast? Yes. Was I happy with the coffee? Yes too. The last thing to seal the deal was the sweets that they had in store. A lemon curd cake and I was pretty sure I will return on those days when I don't want to try some place new.

IMG_1236

If it was another decent surprise, look who I spot across the table? I think this could be Alana from MasterChef. Being the shy me though, we will never know if it was her, I didn't ask.

Address and contact details:

Hamptons Home Living on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. A nice cozy place for breakfast. Nothing more and nothing less but the small place could mean a waiting time if you don't call to book a table in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment