roasted peppers with capers and mozzarella

with mozzarella

Most of the time, I dont choose the recipes I share here, they choose me. Ill be bumming around, reading my epics, keeping to myself when suddenly the urge for rhubarb muffins will come upon me, and I will have no choice but to address it, or remain distracted until I break down and, you know, address it. Other times, the market controls me, as will happen when you live in a climate that deprives you of field-fresh produce for over half the year, leaving you to go completely berserk and overdo it in the months that youre graced with it, bringing home buckets when you only have enough stomachs in your family to require a small armload. But with a 20 months of parenting under my belt, Im long overdue to introduce a new reason to cook: my toddler; hes got cravings too.

red, orange and yellow bells
roasted and blistered

It started one night at Motorino when he was in the middle of another of his hunger strikes conscientious dissenting a! gainst h is mamas cooking phases where hes just not that hungry and we ordered both the roasted pepper salad and appetizer meatballs in hopes to quietly tempt him into eradicating crankiness through the consumption of life-sustaining calories enjoying good food. And lordy, he went nuts for the peppers. Slurp, slurp, slurp, it was hard to believe that just hours before hed overturned his lunch in disgust. A week later, we returned (Im currently fixated on a certain pizza, you see) and the peppers elicited the same reaction. And so it only made sense that I would recreate the dish at home.

peeling, not so pretty

... Read the rest of roasted peppers with capers and mozzarella on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to roasted peppers with capers and mozzarella | 13 comments to date | see more: Italian, Peppers, Photo, Salad, Summer, Vegetarian


No comments:

Post a Comment