Ocha & Bella (Menteng)

Ocha & Bella is a restaurant in Morrissey Hotel (ex-Citadines) which opened in March 2011. I didn't try the food there yet, only the cocktails, so I will keep this blog review short.

For me, Ocha & Bella is one of the most charming modern-design restaurant in Jakarta. Its designer, Willis Kusuma, is also behind Social House and Pesto, but it reminds me even more of Maja House in Bandung. Ocha & Bella has a different vibe whether you sit near the bar, in the open-air garden, or in the main dining room. For this reason, I think it is suitable for any occasions: Dates, late drinks wi! th colle agues, hang-out, or even solo.

The menu focuses on Italian and Japanese food, with prices that are quite high (for instance around Rp100k for a pizza with tax). Again, I didn't try so I won't comment. At the time of writing (June 11), the Chef is Italian so there are reasons to believe the food should be fine. The only thing I had was a Mai Tai cocktail (Rp90k++) and it was perfect, both for the taste and the presentation.

Overall: Very recommended, at least for having a drink. I read on other blogs a few complaints about the service and I would partially agree with it. I felt Ocha & Bella was a little snob and not welcoming upon entering. As I talked to the waiters and bartenders later on, this bad impression left, and I had the usual smiles from everybody when I left.
Opening hours:
Everyday, from 11am to 11pm (midnight on weekends)
Live music on Sunday afternoon from 12pm to 3pm

Ocha & Bella
In Morrissey Hotel (previously Citadines)
Jl. KH Wahid Hasyim No. 70 (that's at the end of Jalan Jaksa)
Menteng, Central Jakarta

Phone number: +62- 21 310 5777
Fax : +62-21 3156 777
Email: whatsup@ochaandbella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment