fudge popsicles

fudge pops

I have a tremendous crush on Matt Armendariz. Its awkward, I know. Im married, hes married; I have a kid, he has dog children. Its okay, my husband knows. He took a picture of Matt with his shirt half off a couple years ago, so I think were even. Fortunately for those who are now reading this uncomfortably at home, hoping this conversation ends quickly, my crush is more of a talent crush: Matt is a former graphic designer and art director and currently a food photographer, author and the man behind the Matt Bites blog. His photography is amazing, all natural light and unfussy, but what I find more addictive than anything else is his outlook, his energy for life. Its hard to spend 5 minutes with him without getting hooked on his enthusiasm for family, good friends, great food and a life well lived with lots of travel to far-flung places. Seriously, he even went to Avery Island, Louisiana to learn how Tabasco is made. And didnt take my husband with him. Alex is almost over it.

all set up
cooking the pops

And now he is a cookbook author too. [Amusingly, I think Matt and I signed our cookbook deals the same week except his book is in my hands right now and my book i! s ... OH LOOK! Manhattanhenge! Did you catch it?] On A Stick! yes, in which every recipe is speared or skewered or threaded on a handheld food device is truly an exaltation of summer. Its State Fairs and street fairs, frozen beach treats and the stuff picnics and backyard barbecues are made of: skewered salads, grilled marinated kebabs, melon with spices and fried pickles. Even unfathomable things get adorably impaled, like fried chicken and waffles, meatballs and spaghetti, potato chips (!) oh, and pizza too. Its lighthearted, but theres no skimping on the cooking: coconut shrimp, Chinese meatballs, pork belly and sweet and sour lollipops. Are you drooling yet?

almost like fudge pudding

... Read the rest of fudge popsicles on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to fudge popsicles | 19 comments to date | see more: Chocolate, Ice Cream/Sorbet, Photo, Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment