Penpals

penpals

I need you. Did you know that?

Ive had the shaky leg lately. Ive eaten waaaay too much popcorn in full-on fits of what can only be described as nervous eating. Ive more to-do lists than I care to admit. I shouldnt even mention this weird pacing and sweeping the floor habit that I have.

I think Ive been a little anxious in the world. Earthquakes. Taxes. Tornadoes. Bin Ladens. I dunno. Im feeling it.

Theres this thing I do when Im anxious I try to make other people feel better. Thinking about making other people feel good makes me feel good. So! I pick up a pen, bust out my box of stationary, and write letters. I know how much I like to receive letters, and I feel compelled to pass on that sensation.

I know Ive written a handful of you letters for my 30 Things Before 30 Years post, but I wanted to broaden my reach. I want to write more of you. Can I?

Heres the deal:

Send your address, or the address of someone you think might really enjoy a handwritten (albeit entirely silly) letter. I will, in all likelihood (and in due time) write you a letter. If you receive a letter, please (please!) snap a quick photograph of you and said letter to email to me. Deal?

I have a feeling Im going to need to stock up on stationary.

Oh! And I should mention that if you entrust your address to me, I will only use it for purposes of friendly letter writing I wont stalk you although if I did stalk you, Id probably bring cookies. So. You know. Not so bad.

Email you mailing address to: joy the baker is my penpal (at) gmail (dot) com. No spaces silly.

Check your mail.

Ps. I sometimes use crayons. Im one of the cool kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment