Kwong Cooks: Easter Weekend

It was great to spend my Easter Weekend back in KL as I got the opportunity to cook an Easter Meal for my colleagues. Lamb was obviously the main dish along with other requests that included BBQ Pork Ribs and Salmon.


Romaine Salad with Garlic Dressing, Bacon Bits and Croutons
Romaine Salad with Garlic Dressing
Having quite a bit of garlic heads I made a Garlic Dressing to go with the crisp romaine lettuce.


Herb Crusted Salmon
Baked Herb Crusted Salmon
This is one of my favorite dishes to make as I love Salmon. The mixture of Breadcrumbs and Herbs give the Salmon a very strong flavor and at the same time provides a crispy crust. The Salmon was baked pink to the middle


BBQ Pork Ribs
BBQ Pork Ribs
My ribs were dry rubbed with Cumin, Paprika and other herbs and spices and were then slow baked in the oven till the meat is falling off the bone. I finally basted it with some BBQ Sauce over the grill. This was a crowd favorite.


Roasted Leg of Lamb
Roast Leg of Lamb
Roast Leg of Lamb
This was my first time having a Roasted Leg of Lamb. I bought a de-boned New Zealand Leg Roast and rubbed it with a mixture of Mustard and Herbs and roasted it Medium. The result was mediocre because it wasnt as flavorful as I hoped.


Lamb Curry
Lamb Curry
The Lamb Curry was bought with the Biryani Rice for people that would like to have some curry to go with the Biryani


Biryani Rice
Biryani Rice
I bought the Biryani Rice from a nearby restaurant and cooked it again adding Raisins, Cashew Nuts and Shallots to make it more aromatic. This was made to go with the lamb.


We were really stuffed after the meal. Although we finished the Lamb there were a few improvements I could have done especially the flavor of the lamb. The Ribs and Salmon were popular and was finished that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment