Pourboy Espresso @ Wharf Street, Brisbane

It is jolly about time that they start serving double ristretto lattes in Brisbane. After discoveringDriftwood and Dandelion where all their latte are made with a double ristretto shot but was really a weekend option since it was a good 10 minute drive away, Pourboy came to the rescue.


Situated on Wharf Street, I happen take this road to work so it cannot be any more convenient for me to drop by for a coffee. With the barista understanding what a double ristretto latte when I ordered (trust me when I say not many places understand what a double ristretto latte is in Brisbane), this has been my go-to-for-coffee every working day of the week.


Picture 144




The slight irritation is that Melbourne charges AUD3.50 for the same cup but Brisbane charges a premium of AUD4 and at the same time we don't get paid more than them, so what gives I wonder?


Back to Pourboy.


Picture 004

Picture 001
On my weekday trips, I have tried their buttermilk muffin, chocolate and cinnamon broiche and trust me there are all awesome to go with your coffee, even if it is quite a sugar overdose early in the morning. My favourite has to be the cinnamon brioche.


On a particular weekend, we decided to skip down the hill for their weekend breakfast menu. So was it any good?

Picture 147

Poached eggs, jamon serrano and corn blinis. The blinis or savoury pancakes were bland on their own but eat it with the flowing egg yolk and the salty cured meat, it was a satisfying breakfast from the looks of the Wife.

Picture 149

If anything this was a slight overkill, the egg benedict came with brioche. Rich as brioche already is, it is topped with the familiar items making this quite a calorific meal. Unlike the other poached eggs on the table, mine was slightly overcooked but overall it tasted alright.

Picture 150

The other option came with smoked salmon which looks like it could have been made in-house which looks just as scrumptious.

Picture 153

Looking for a sweet option, the pancakes looked divine but the comment that came back was that it was too sweet as a main, I suggest this be shared if the table has a sweet tooth.


Given that the place is after all less than a 10 minute walk from my house, there could very well be more weekend re-visits if we don't want to drive out but meanwhile, this is still the place to takeaway my daily caffeine fix.


Address and contact details:

PourBoy Espresso on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. In terms of coffee in the CBD, this is as good as it can get. Although I am hoping there will eventually bring in a different blend to mix things up in their regular lattes instead of their Mecca blend. Otherwise, I can always order their single origin aero press style.

No comments:

Post a Comment