Five Ways To Bake Like A Grown-up

from Joy the Baker

Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes

I’m so bad at being an adult.

But… I’m super great at pretending to be a reasonable grown-up. I mean, seriously. I somehow pay my taxes and have car insurance… but I eat brownies for dinner and write a blog for a living. Most days I need adult supervision.

Grown-ups get in pickles. Sticky situations. I know. I’ve been in my fair share.. Luckily I know how to bake my way out. It’s a skill and a gift… and I’m sharing.

Note: perhaps the following examples are based on personal experiences. Perhaps.

Double Note: Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes are bomb.

Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

What to bake for your parents when you stop by their house, unannounced, with a truckload of dirty laundry to wash in their machine: Oatmeal Chocolate Pecan Cookies.

You get away with such blatant laundry abuse because your mom used to do the same thing to her mother. Tell Mom it’s the circle of life if she tries to give you a hard time. Circle of Life…. there’s no fighting The Lion King.

Dark Chocolate Brownies

What to bake for your brother when you forget his wife’s name: Dark Chocolate Brownies.

Actually… you should feel extra bad because his wife’s name is basically the same as your own mother’s name. How could you forget that!? Tacky.

Brown Sugar Bacon Waffles

What to bake after a night of drunk texting people you shouldn’t even be sober texting… and your mom: Brown Sugar Bacon Waffles.

I mean…. I’m just guessing here. It’s not like this has ever happened to me. Except that one time… and then maybe that other time too.

Ugh.

Rice Pudding

What to bake when you’re matched with your ex-boyfriends best friend on an Internet dating site.

Oh Lordy. You’re gonna need some Rice Pudding.

Pudding soothes the awkward.

Pan Dulce

To avoid writing out bills, I always find that whipping up some yeasted sweet bread fills up my time. You might consider it.

Pan Dulce. Time consuming and delicious.

But bills must be payed eventually. Adulthood is annoying like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment