zucchini bread pancakes

zucchini bread pancakes, maple yogurt

For someone who doesnt garden, lives pretty far from farms and couldnt even keep a couple herbs alive on her kitchen windowsill, I take zucchini population control pretty seriously. Sure, I dont have to lock my car door in August, I dont have a CSA dumping boxes of it unceremoniously on my porch and then running away like a thief in the night, and its been a long time since I lived in a house with bats in the backyard, but I get it. The problem is real. We all must do our part.

two seconds from zucchini to shreds
grated too much, just made more

But zucchini is pesky. Its not like tomatoes, which are like the prom queens of the summer farms, perfect no matter how you dice, slow roast, scallop or sauce them. I never have enough tomatoes and theyre usually gone for the year before I am done with them; the ! same can rarely be said for zucchini. It can be a little slippery when cooked, weepy when raw. Its hard to get it roasted or grilled to a crisp. Sure, its good battered and deep-fried, but I have a theory that my Rainbow flip-flop would be too. Im not going to test it, though. Im sure you understand.

mixing dry and wet pancake batter

... Read the rest of zucchini bread pancakes on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to zucchini bread pancakes | 3 comments to date | see more: Breakfast, Pancakes, Photo, Summer, Vegetarian



No comments:

Post a Comment