Ms. Jazz Reviews: Iwate Ramen @ Sri Petaling

Hi guys! Things has been crazy this CNY, we almost hardly have a breather! Almost every day it was open houses, gathering dinners, company functions, etc etc and the list goes on, and the number of yee sang I had this year is ridiculous too, lets just say I wont wish to see those colourful platter appearing in front of me anytime soon.


I told myself I should get back to regular blogging, and Im sorry we havent been. But this Ive got to introduce to everyone. Its not exactly new. Its not exactly my area of familiarity (in fact Ive got lost for 2 hours looking for this place)! Its under exposed, under blogged but is it really worth all the trouble?

YES IT IS apparently.

Iwate Ramen is located in the busy commercial area of Sri Petaling. The restaurant capture a good crowd and with no doubt appeals to the mainstream customers. It was my first time in this area and I was genuine surprise of the ample of food selection. I had a difficult time weaving through the congested street rather impatiently as I was very very very late for my lunch appointment

Their Specialty, of course is their ramen- with a vast varieities to choose from such as soft bone pork ribs,Fresh oysters, mixed mushrooms etc, we were absolutely spoilt with choices. Im spotting one call the hell ramen for my next visit which is apparently helluva spiciness, and Im always up for that challenge. The ramen are reasonably priced around RM13-RM20+. Apart from Ramen, there is also a good mix of other Japanese varieties.

Can I even say that this is better than Santouka Ramen in Pavillion? I think I just did.

It is their rich aromatic pork broth which was cooked forover 12 hours, wasserved warm that has a definitely edge over the popular Santouka.So flavourful, and addictive. The only thing perhaps that irks me is the noodles texture wasnt as springy as I hoped for, but it was nevertheless good enough for me.

Soft bone pork ribs ramen



Different way of gyoza. Quite unmemorable though.

The ramen and sauce is thecreation ofChef Chris the creator of Iwate Ramen that started off in HK, which one local DJ Jeff has persuaded him through his passion to open an outlet in KL, and for that we are glad.

Iwate Ramen
123, Jalan Radin Bagus,
Bandar Sri Petaling
57000 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03-90574909/ 012-3999563
Opening hours: 12pm-3pm, 6pm-11pm
Closed on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment