cheddar, beer and mustard pull-apart bread

cheddar, beer and mustard pull-apart bread

You might have created a monster. I went back and forth, again and again, before sharing the recipe for potato chip cookies. My presumption was that most sane people would find them revolting; that the comment section would be a string of ewws. Silly me! It turns out that a whole lot of you are closet potato chip sandwich lovers, and worse. You put Doritos on your pizza! You put Cheetos on your tuna! I am clearly among my brethren. This will only lead to trouble, as the next time I have a weird, funky combination of flavors I want to try out, who will stop me? Clearly, not you.

beer and butter
poured into flour mix with rye

Like this. For a while, Ive been enamored with this idea of pull-apart bread, such as Flo Brakers from her latest book. Yet as lovely as buttery lemon sugar is, or cinnamon sugar for that matter, is, I wanted to give it a savory spin. My first inclination was to go with the u! niversal ly adored (but kinda overused these days, dont you think?) cheddar, chives and bacon i.e. baked potato toppings but what Ive really been dreaming about lately is Welsh rarebit, which I understand to be pub food in places I havent been lucky enough to travel to yet. Its a thick, punchy, rich sauce made with cheddar and mustard and beer and butter and cream and spices and it is often ladled over a piece of toast, such as rye or another brown bread. And I want it.

a sticky dough that doesn't stay sticky

... Read the rest of cheddar, beer and mustard pull-apart bread on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to cheddar, beer and mustard pull-apart bread | 9 comments to date | see more: Bread, Photo, Snack



No comments:

Post a Comment