Into the Fall

getting ready for fall

I feel like I need to see where Ive been in order to figure out where Im going. I mean that in the most food sense of the phrase.

I need to start thinking about apples instead of peaches, and caramelized onions instead of avocados. I can get there I can totally get there with time.

Right now, I just want to hold onto these Indian Summer afternoons and gloriously late sunsets.

Caramelized Mushrooms and Dumplings. Its like Chicken Pot Pie without the chicken and with extra mushrooms and biscuits. Its savory greatness.

Book Tour Note: I have a feeling that VERMONT will get me into the mood for the Fall holidays. Ill be in Vermont celebrating the King Arthur Grand Opening weekend this coming Saturday, September 22! I would LOVE to see you!

Ps. I hope to be signing books in Boston in early December. More details to follow!

getting ready for fall

The combination of orange and chocolate is my go-to December comfort flavor combination. Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cakeis happy breakfasting.

Chocolate Hazelnut Puddingis reminiscent of Nutella and indulgent as all heck!

getting ready for fall

Biscuits are one of the best reasons to turn on your oven. Mushroom and Onion Buttermilk Biscuits. Its time. Its time

getting ready for fall

Look at all this Fall flavor madness.

Geez, Im just trying to prepare you because Im barely prepared myself.

Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Bread.

Dads Perfect Sweet Potato Pie.

Honey Cranberry Cornmeal Quickbread

Pear Spice Cake with Walnut Praline Topping. Maybe I just want to make the Walnut Praline Topping and serve it with a spoon.

getting ready for fall

I feel like these tacos are a bridge between Summer and Winter. Roasted sweet potatoes are combined with ! quick pi cked cabbage, keeping the flavors grounded but bright. Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos. I can see it now Im about to eat these for weeks.

I hope you have the most lovely Sunday night. I hope theres good tv and lots of tacos. Tomorrow: fried guacamole. Saturday: VERMONT!


No comments:

Post a Comment