multigrain apple crisps

apple multigrain crisps

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that we had plans to flee this so-called winter were having in New York and jet to a place where its always summer. It was dreadfully boring, by the way, all silky white sand that was cool under your bare feet, blazing aqua waters that you could walk a full city block into before you were in deeper than your waist and oh so quiet (rumor has it that they dont even let these on the island!). Blissfully, there was nothing to do but read books, stare at the horizon and not think about life for a while. The most profound conversation we had in three days was whether a spot out on the water where the color slipped from a piercing aquamarine to a deeper cerulean to was due to a change of depth, or just the cast shadow of a cloud. The shadow of a cloud. Man, times were tough.


What I forgot to mention is that we werent bringing our son with us. Lest you think Im immune to Mom Guilt au contraire, it is the very pitch to which my life is auto-tuned, the backbone, nay, doctrine of my existence, governing all decisions from Is that my son walking picki! ng up a stray cheddar bunny from the seat of a random stroller and do I really have to stop him? to whether or not I should admit that I was late to call yesterday because I was, in actuality, reading with my eyes shut for the 9th time that afternoon. Ahem, so, Mom Guilt in full swing, I decided to leave something special petite apple crisps in the fridge that he could have as a treat on the days Id be away.

whole wheat, oats, raw, brown sugars

... Read the rest of multigrain apple crisps on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to multigrain apple crisps | no comment to date | see more: Apple, Fruit, Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment