Edamame and Toasted Coconut in Avocado

IMG_4251

Its not that I forget that you darling people come here to read my blog and make cakes, and weird vegan soups.

I never forget it. Ever.

sometimes I clam up, and Im not sure what I could possibly write that might seem of interest to you.

other times, I just write to myself. Its like putting my head in a box, and pretending that Im the only one in this little blog world of mine. That usually works. Thats when I start writing letters to my future husband, or start droning on and on about getting pulled over by the cops.

Can I tell you something real? (Were somewhere in between me clamming up, and me putting my head in a box right now) Real talk: I feel the rumble inside. The rumble usually means that its time for a new tattoo, a sky dive, a cliff dive, an international flight, or a shark tank. Something is rumbling and Im not sure how its going to turn out. I do know that my desk is not going to get any cleaner in the process. That can wait.

Does this happen to you?

The solution usually requires more than salad but salad will suffice for now. It has to, until I get my hands on a shark tank (and a shark).

IMG_4190

Have you seen the trend of people baking eggs into avocados?

Yea Im not going to do that. That feels like mush on mush in my mouth. Perhaps the only two things that could make the baked avocado egg situation right is tortilla chips and spicy salsa. Otherwise no go.

I do! , howeve r, have a desire to stuff my avocado with soooommmeething.

Edamame, fresh parsley, crisp red onion, black sesame seeds, and a bit of nori. This will do.

IMG_4206

Every salad dressing I make starts with Dijon mustard. This one is married with sesame oil, olive oil, lemon, and soy sauce.

IMG_4215

The simple edamame salad was missing something.

Whenever anything is missing, I generally add toasted coconut just as a rule. Success!

IMG_4223

Avocados are art from God. Well everything is art from God.

Avocados are just some of my favorite edible art.

cooking with tracy

I made these little salad bowls in the Shutterbeans kitchen.

She made bread. Naturally.

cooking with tracy

Tracy also made an awesome arugula salad with apples and arugula.

The lunch of sisters (from other misters (an! d mother s)) ok, so Tracy and I totally arent related at all, whatever.

Tracy! Thanks for letting me cook in your kitchen! Youre my Maj!

IMG_4240

Lets call this lunch.

Lets call this creamy, crunchy, healthful lunch. Scoopable with a spoon. Smearable with bread. Tupperware friendly. Dont let someone swipe it from the office fridge.

Edamame and Toasted Coconut in Avocado

makes 4 stuffed avocado halves

Print this Recipe!

2 ripe avocados, sliced in half and pits removed

For the filling:

1 1/2 cups shelled edamame

1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted

2 tablespoons diced red onion

2 tablespoons chopped parsley

1 teaspoon black sesame seeds

2 tablespoons chopped nori (optional)

For the dressing:

1 teaspoon dijon mustard

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 teaspoon soy sauce

a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, toss together all of the ingredients for the filling.

In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, sesame oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Whisk in olive oil in a slow stream to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Pour the dressing over the filling. Toss to combine. Spoon the filling into halved avocado. Season with salt and pepper and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment