Kafe Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul @ Komtar Walk

Call me slow but I just realized the famous Penang Road Teochew Chendul has three branches already at Komtar Walk, Prangin Mall and Sunshine Farlim. What to do? I have been absent from Penang for far too long that I already lost touch with the local F&B scene. Although they do have a branch in Klang Valley at a Giant Hypermarket somewhere, honestly I wouldnt bother because I know the taste can never match the real deal up North.

ais-kacang

As for Ais Kacang, I discovered that most KL people tend to love the Southern version more, those with stronger Gula Melaka taste and totally void of Sarsi flavor. Well I have stayed at both places long enough to develop a passion for both versions. But, if I had to choose, it will be the Penang Ais Kacang without skipping a heartbeat. I just love the refreshing taste that Sarsi syrup gives and not to mention the extra colorful ingredients in it too.


chendul

The cendol @ RM2.50 is still as awesome like it has been. The pandan jelly noodles are firm with a bouncy texture while the coconut milk and brown sugar ratio is just nice. I have to admit I didnt know how to appreciate the pandan jellies, thinking it is the same everywhere until I stumbled upon some really bad ones outside Penang. Yucks.
Anyway, do keep in mind the prices are slightly more expensive if you are having it at the branches. Honestly, that doesnt bother me at all since I get to enjoy it properly in a better environment and more importantly, I got to wash my hands afterwards. If you h! ave eate n at the main branch before you would know how challenging it would be to keep your hands sticky free.

menu

They even have a complete menu now with including food like Char Koay Teow, egg tarts and assam laksa. Halal too.

cafe

Ordering is pretty much self service where you write down your orders on a chit and then pass it to the counter. The food will be delivered to your table and payment is only made after you are finished. If you are wondering, no there is no tax and service charge whatsoever in the final bill.

penang-road-chendul

Hawker food is often a headache for people traveling families especially when you have a baby around. So for those who wants to escape the heat and dine more comfortably, this new cafe would be the place to go.
However, if you are traveling alone or with a group of young people who can afford to stand some inconveniences and havent tried the original branch at Lebuh Keng Kwee yet, I will suggest you to head there just for the sake of authenticity.

Kafe Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul
Komtar walk

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment