double coconut muffins

I hadnt meant to disappear on you, and whats worse, I have a terrible excuse: I took a nap. In the same week that I conquered my cooking Mount Everest a lasagna Id only dreamed about for the better part of six years, one that still took me many tries in the kitchen to get right and more than a week just to write I was going back and forth with my publisher over the page designs for my cookbook, and (no doubt) giving some poor book designer some gray hairs. One day, Ill remind my editor about that time I said that I didnt care how the book looked, just make it pretty! and shell snort coffee out her nose. It will probably be a while. Nevertheless, the day after I posted the lasagna recipe, we finally found something that made everyone happy and now theyre designing the remaining hundreds of pages and that night, I think I slept a million hours. I did the same thing the next night and on the third night, when I yawned at 9 p.m. and said I was thinking about calling it a night my husband who is the one who typically has a bottomless capacity for sleep and Im the one who pops up at 7:30 even when its my turn to sleep in looked at me like I had two heads. I just had a lot of catching up to do.

coconut oil
really thick batter (yours won't be)

Were also of! ficially in the part of the year I affectionately call The Dregs of Winter. Its not spring yet, in fact, it will at least a months before anything tasty or green things emerges from the earth and another month after that before it will be good enough to eat. Its not actually snowy and pretty enough out there to bliss out in a New York Winter Wonderland; in fact, its just cold and a little dull. Typically, the way I get through the blahs of winter is not to sleep through them but to begin plotting an escape. I start pining for someplace tropical, please, where the deep blue ocean meets the bright blue sky at a horizon so far away, its almost unfathomable to this city dweller, whose current vista is little more than the building across the street. And so I think about it, think long and hard about it, a book open on my lap, my fingers wrapped around a frosty, fruity cocktail with an umbrella and then I fly home a few days later, my usual ghost-like complexion faintly less so and my brain cleared of thoughts that dont include Is it time to reapply? and Are we too old to go on the water slide that leads to a swim-up bar? You know, weighty matters.

batter in, when you don't have papers

... Read the rest of double coconut muffins on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to double coconut muffins | no comment to date | see more: Breakfast, Muffin/Quick Bread, Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment