Sourced Grocer @ Teneriffe, Brisbane

I always thought I had a huge folder of photos, still untouched and yet to feature on the blog until I realise I am up to date.


That got me thinking, had we not been eating out and instead been cooking more at home?


Turns out if my memory serves me right that we have been frequenting familiar spots, spots that we are comfortable with. It also dawns upon me that I should be feasting on all the good stuff I have unearthed in Brisbane before we start our new adventure next year.


Luckily I still have a place that I have yet to blog about.


One place that keeps sticking out in Twitter, Facebook or the newspapers is Sourced Grocer.


What can I say about this place? Its hippy, cool and relaxed. Somewhat resembles the cafes in Melbourne.


As the name suggests, it is a grocer where you get a range of meats, bread, vegetables, fruits and etc that looks like its been hand picked and sourced. On the shelves, you get a whole load of other goodies like the Yarra Strawberry Jam that I had with my toast this morning.


On top of that, they have a section for breakfast items with coffee.

IMG_1754

Order at the counter and take a slip. You pay at the counter where they use Macbooks as a POS, isn't that cool?

IMG_1749

The place was packed when we w! ent on a Sunday morning. You had people taking away, sitting on the stairs and outside the shop. Coffees took a while to arrive but were as good as gold.

Originally when we saw a lack of space, we wanted to take away coffees and be gone. Lucky me again, we scored two seats and I couldn't wait to dig into some breakfast.

IMG_1756

The Croque Monsieur, eventhough in reality is ham and cheese was awesome with the addition of some rocket leaves.

Be warned though, it does take awhile for meals to be served.

All in all, a hippy breakfast place and you can even pick up some groceries too!

A word of warning for those who don't embrace the heat like me, it is not an enclosed air conditioned place so it can get a bit hot although it be perfect for autumn / winter.

Address and contact details:

Sourced Grocer on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. Love the concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment