Govinda's @ Brisbane CBD

It has certainly been a crazy week for me.


Although not cast in stone, throughout the week I have been thinking about a potential move away from Brisvegas. Look if it was 6 months ago and I was single, I be happy to pack up my bags immediately. Now, I have got furniture to think about transporting and whether my other half will find a job too. Of course it goes without saying, Brisbane and I have gone from an unwilling relationship to being good friends.


I guess that is also compounded by work piling on tables by the day. Oh well such is life.


When it is all official, readers, you will be the first to find out.


---


Now back to food, gosh, don't think there was ever a period I haven't blogged for a whole week and a bit.


Friday afternoon and somehow or rather Govinda's became the lunch spot that day for the Wife and I.


Apparently, it is a all you can eat vegetarian buffet although I couldn't see any description of that sort on the menu board. The first serving is done canteen style and dished out for you and if the rather big portion doesn't satisfy you (I didn't see a single one that day go back for seconds), that would be the time to confirm whether it is all you can eat.


IMG_1730

For AUD 12 you get the above, dessert and a drink. Not too bad.

IMG_1733

Open up the Pappadum and you get an assortment of vegetarian dishes piled on rice. Overall, not fantastic but rather consoling that it was all vegetarian and it should make me more healthy.

Take note that the assortment of items are fixed according to day, so you might want to drop by on different days, unless you are happy with eating the same dish.


If vegetarian indian is not your thing, they do a couple of vegetarian western dishes, like lasagna, pastries and chips.

Address and contact details:

Govinda's on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 3 stars out of 5 stars. Something different is what I would call it since my staple lunch diet over the last week has been sushi roll after sushi roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment