Top 10 Arab Middle Eastern Restaurants in Jakarta

Surprisingly for the capital of the largest Muslim country in the world, the number of Arab or Middle Eastern restaurants in Jakarta is quite low. I've counted about 25 of them, and I've tried 15. It may seems like a lot, but since Jakarta is so spread, you're not likely to have more than just a few near where you live.

The good thing is that within these, most of them are decent and affordable. In particular, I advise you to try one of the Yemeni restaurants which offer the best value-for-money and the most authenticity.

As of October 2011, here is my Top 10 for my favourite Arab or Middle Eastern restaurants in Jakarta (you can click on the link to read my personal review):

1) Maroush (Morrocan Restaurant)

2) Al Nafoura (Lebanese)

3) Anatolia (Turkish)

4) Samarra (Middle-east)

5) Al-Jazeerah (Yemeni)

6) Turkuaz (Turkish)

7) Sinbad (Syrian/Yemeni)

8) Beirut Lebanon (Lebanese)

9) Hadramout (Yemeni)

10) Diritna (Lebanese)

You may see more reviews of Arab restaurants in Jakarta on this blog by clicking on the label "Middle East".

As usual, I will update this list as I discover new restaurants. You're welcome to comment as well. Also in case you are looking for Arab bars and clubs, there are two very popular places (especially among Saudis): Tiga Kuda in Menteng, and De Leila on Gatot Subroto.


No comments:

Post a Comment