Fresh Tomato and Arugula Bagel Pizzas

IMG_5886

This is the end. This is the end of my day. This is the end of the week. This is the end of a pizza bagel before it meets my belly.

The end looks like a toasted bagel with fresh, seasoned tomatoes, salami, melted fresh mozzarella, and lemon pepper arugula.

The end. The end tastes toasty, fresh, salty, and melty. The end also has Project Runway reruns. The end is pretty good lookin.

IMG_5837

This is the beginning. The beginning of my day. The beginning of my natural and unrelenting carb cravings. The is the beginning of a bagel pizza.

Now. just to clear the air: Yes. Yes I come to you with bagel pizza pictures. This has to be ok, because this is how I live. If you dont crave pizza bagels on a daily basis then I dont even know you anymore. I just dont.

IMG_5842

I love bagels but I sometimes take the soft inside bits out. More room for good filling. Fresh, unevenly sliced tomatoes. Go!

IMG_5854

Salt and pepper are totally necessary. This already looks good. Its just tomato and bread.

! IMG_5860

Tomato and bread and meat and cheese.

Its just like a best friend party!

IMG_5869

These loaded bagels get placed on parchment paper and put under the broiler. Theyll get toasted and melty.

What could go wrong?

IMG_5873

Um Ill tell you what could go wrong!!!!!!!

If you put parchment paper under the broiler, it will catch on fire and youll burn your house down.

Im not joking. I know this to be true because I totally almost burned my house down.

Thats an exaggeration, but I really need you to understand. No parchment paper under the broiler. Dont be like me.

IMG_5878

Ok dont burn your house down like me but you should totally eat like me.

Make yummy choices that include things that melt.

IMG_5886

Top those melty things with arugula thats been sprinkled with fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

My neighbor walked by my house! extra e xtra slow as I was taking pictures of these little bagel darlings. It looked like he might have even combed his hair and buttoned his shirt up past his belly button this time. Well played, neighbor sir. I look nice, but Im not sharing.

Oh! Theres no traditional recipe for this bagel creation. Its all you! Grab a bagel, tomato, salami, cheese and greens. Make delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment