charred corn tacos with zucchini-radish slaw

charred corn tacos

I would not say that previous to the last year, we were not taco people. I can think of several carnitas that have brought me nearly to tears (and definitely to tears when they stopped delivering) and weve been doing an egg-tortilla thing for years. But at some point in the last six months, I got bit with the taco bug bad and now I can hardly think of anything else to eat. Saturday afternoon and the toddler is napping and suddenly were hungry? Black bean tacos! Nothing but a couple zucchini in the produce drawer? Roasted zucchini tacos for dinner! Im about thisclose to becoming the sort of person who puts peanut butter and jelly on a taco. The taco has become the answer to all questions.

slaw to be
tiny matchsticks

Its this obsession that finally got me to unearth a dish Ive been meaning to put my spin on for two years. Thats more than a lifetime, if youre this guy, and even he doesnt know why it took me so long. The dish is called esquites and from what I understand but have sadly not yet experienced yet in person, it is a street snack in Mexico. Corn is cooked in butter with onions, garlic, chiles, an herb called epazote and salt. Its then seasoned with lime juice, chile powder and se! rved wit h mayo in small cups. Oh hi, are you still here? Im not, because every time I read that description, I run to JFK and book the next flight to Mexico.

charring the corn, duck!

... Read the rest of charred corn tacos with zucchini-radish slaw on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to charred corn tacos with zucchini-radish slaw | no comment to date | see more: Corn, Photo, Radishes, Summer, Tex-Mex, Vegetarian, Zucchini



No comments:

Post a Comment