Kamseng (24h Chinese Restaurant)

Kamseng restaurant is the equivalent in North Jakarta of Dim Sum Festival in the South: Opened 24 hours, it is filled with party-goers and clubbers from nearby entertainment venues. My boss once told me about a place near Hayam Wuruk nicknamed the "wh*res' porridge", and now I think he was talking about Kamseng. If you go there late, you'll understand why.

After trying a few restaurants in the area, namely Hunan Kitchen and Lac Mei Che, I had high expectations, but what I tried there was nothing more than a busy warung serving cheap, yet average food.
Kamseng has a lot of waiters, but it is so busy you could get more attention in a McDonald's during rush hour. If you are looking for a nice, quiet dinner, this is not the place.
The menu is quite small, with mainly rice porridge dishes, also called congee (bubur in Indonesian). I tried the pork porridge, and I didn't find anything special! compare d to what you can get in the street. Apart from the 24h opening hours, I don't think there are other reasons you should come here.

Bubur Pitan Daging Babi (Rp22,000++)
Overall: Disappointing experience, I won't come back except after clubbing in the area.
Opening Hours:
Everyday, 24h/24H
Kamseng Chinese Restaurant
Jalan Mangga Besar I no.26
Phone number: +62-21 649 2319

No comments:

Post a Comment