Punjabi Palace @ Melbourne Street, Brisbane

Working along Eagle Street, especially at my building; your lunch choices are not exactly the merriest of kinds. Coupled with the fact that I am saving up some money, walking back home for lunch seems to be the better option compared to my usual sushi rolls, katsu curry or bastardised chinese (which I admittedly enjoy eating).


With the Wife though, working in West End, shes in a square of multi cuisine restaurants and one of her team lunches bought her to Punjabi Palace which she declared the best so far in Brisbane.


One Friday night we found ourselves there and I waited in anticipation for the food to arrive. Surprisingly amongst a crowd, the food took next to no time to appear on our table.

IMG_1035

Butter chicken; I must say compared to the weak attempt at Agra, this was miles better. There was even a hint of spiciness in the sauce.

IMG_1043

Not something that I will always order but a common dish in Indian cuisine; Aloo Gobi a dry mild spiced potato and cauliflower dish. Again very satisfying as well.

IMG_1039

They even serve com! plimenta ry rice to go with your mains.

IMG_1041

Had we known that they would serve free rice, we wouldn't have ordered two naans. The naans were also similarly satisfying.

I actually haven't had much indian food so far in Brisbane, so with the more than satisfying meal we had that night, this can now be my benchmark for Indian cuisine.


Prices are around 20 odd dollars per head.

Address and contact details:

Punjabi Palace on Urbanspoon

Verdict: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. Good satisfying indian food, worth going back to try a bigger range of curries.

No comments:

Post a Comment