My Plates

IMG_3663

I dont have one painting or picture hung on my walls.

I like white walls. I also dont own a hammer. No biggie.

I do, however, have a kitchen full of pretty plates, little cups, and wooden bowls.

I like to eat off of my art.

Since so many of you have asked me about my plates well, heres a few answers.

The answers mostly have to do with the Anthropologie sale table just so you know.

IMG_2023

These plates are the most often used and most often asked about on my blog.

Theyre old. This set was my grandparents wedding china the china they received as a wedding gift waaaay back in the day. I would love to tell you more about where this set is from, but all it says in the back is Made in China in a weird, fancy font. Theres no brand name, or design name I can offer you. Not ideal. Apologies.

IMG_3668

(a) That stands for Anthropologie. I get a ! lot of p retty plates from the sale section of Anthropologie. Its the spot. Check it.

(v) Vintage. I find most of these little gems at thrift stores. Theyre usually a dollar. Bonus.

(gift)s are nice. I like plates as presents.

(super cheap) plates come from the 99cent store. Im not too proud but why do these stores always smell funny?

(oops) Maybe I accidentally borrowed this little dish from a hotel in San Francisco. Thats bad. Dont be like me.

(wedding) plates from my grandparents and parents wedding. Old and fancy.

IMG_2892

Anthropologie plate + Ikea charger + wooden bowl from Whole Foods + random vintage spoon with stars on it = delicious carrot soup.

IMG_3774

Tracy sent me a bunch of clever plates for my birthday. My favorite is this ceramic egg holder. Its totally classing up my fridge. Thank you, Tracy!!

Speaking of eggs these Robins Egg Wedges are too good.

IMG_2206

Pretty little vintage plates + Ikea charger + wrapping paper + linens + old postcard + ceramic chic + baking sheet with used parchment paper = rad food styling?

I hope this inspires you to

a) hit up thrift stores and garage sales for pretty plates and bowls.

b) buy pretty things from Anthropologie.

c) use wrapping paper as a disposable table cloth.

d) eat off of pretty things. every day. because life is short. and we can make it pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment