Of Fruit Cake and Chemical Peels

As most of you would have heard, I've gone for a chemical peel on a Monday. I've started using Glycolic Acid products on my skin and I have this nasty feeling that my skin is purging all the gunk from my face. Yes, I did enjoy a momentarily clear skin after the peel but according to my nurse, an initial breakout is necessary for a clear aftermath.

So, I am persisting. I am told that 2 weeks later, my skin will show a marked improvement. Currently, my skin is in a pretty bad shape but I'm optimistic!


Anyway, my sister, the pro-baker, made Fruit Cake. It's super healthy because it contains no sugar but only honey, lots of dried cranberries, blueberries and premium sultanas and made with extra virgin olive oil, wholemeal flour and yogurt.




The first two pictures look kinda wrong but as you can see, it's just the crust. Hidden on the inside is a very dense and moist fruit cake. It tastes like Christmas... like Stollen, minus the nasty icing and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment