Noble House @ Jalan Delima, Kuala Lumpur

Google up "Noble House", and you can see that the common topic since 2007 is their lunch buffet which I believe is still available. Apart from that, it is surprising that not many have reviewed what they have to offer for dinner reviews.

As some of you might not know, after being officially being labelled as a Husband for 15 months, we will finally be holding our wedding dinner at Noble House at the end of the year. Being the picky me, we had to squeeze in a dinner during our trip just to make sure the food was edible. As in most cases, the dinner is usually not representative to the banquet food; it still gave us that bit of faith because the dinner we had that night was pleasant and certainly very tasty.

Picture 084

The Father was feeling generous that night as we started off with the Soon Hock or the Marbled Goby. This fish is famous for their springy and smooth texture and that is usually the key to whether you have in front of you a good quality one. Thankfully, the half a fish we had was spot on and no meat was spared.

The story is that most of the top quality supply in Malaysia is exported to where it fetches a higher price i.e. Singapore and Hong Kong and most restaurants here have to resort to imports from Indonesia. A similar story with our petroleum, don't you think?

Picture 072!

The grilled spare ribs was marinated with mint and that lent a gamey taste to it. As with most chinese restaurants, the meat was tenderised with something that make it even for the toothless easy to chew.

Picture 082

There are some styles that you can't get over in Australia unless the trend catches up and one of them is the salted egg style. Being too lazy to eat crabs, I insisted that I must have it with the squid. Alas, although the coating was excellent, the coating also made it rather soggy instead of retaining the crispiness.

Picture 075

The Spinach Tau Foo tasted healthy and for once I welcome the starchy oyster sauce base as a perfect accompaniment to my rice.

Picture 077

To balance it off, we had a vegetable that I can bet my bottom dollar that I would not be able to get in Brisbane, translated as the Green Dragon vegetable. As far as I know it is a local inbred organic vegetable (i could be wrong of course). Stir fry with some mushrooms, it was a good end to the dinner.
Would I come back again for dinner? I sure would. Now to keep my fingers crossed, really crossed that the food on that wedding dinner night will be good.

Address and contact details:

No.19, Jalan Delima,
Off Jalan Imbi,
55100 Kuala Lumpur

Tel:03- 2145 8822

Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. Based on what we had that night, the food was good, however I think the meal does come with a premium price of which I have no idea what the quantum was because the dear Father footed the bill (although technically since I am earning the big currency, I should be footing the bill but I shall not explain further).

No comments:

Post a Comment