Kwong Cooks: Seafood

For those that have been following my blog you'll probably realize that I spend 6 days of the week eating out. However whenever I do have some free time I'll usually spend it on my other hobby Cooking. Despite my relatively short stays in KL and Toronto I usually cook for my friends at least once during my stay.

Recently a close friend of mine wanted me to cook an all Seafood Meal. Flipping through some recipes and with a little tweaking this was what I made.


Crab Meat Salad
Crabmeat Salad
I loved the Salad Dressing at Sushi Zanmai and decided to replicate it based on what I think it contained. Mine had Mirin, Carrots, Shallots and Vegetable Oil. Since it's a Seafood Menu I decided to add in Lump Crab Meat and Chopped Avocado


Lobster Bisque with Lobster Roe Toast
Lobster Bisque with Lobster Roe Toast
Lobsters in Canada are way cheaper than in Malaysia and so I've decided to make a Lobster Bisque. Using a mixture of Prawn Heads and Lobster Shells. My 3lb Lobster had a lot of roe and so I used it to make some Toast


Roasted Salmon, Potato Croquette and Roasted Carrot Sauce
Roasted Salmon and Carrot Sauce
I made a simple Roast Salmon initially Pan-Searing the Skin to make it crisp. The sauce was a combination of Roasted Carrot Puree, Crea! m and Cu rry Powder. It was served with a Potato Croquette


Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
Smoked Salmon Pasta
I loved the Smoked Salmon Spaghetti at Italian Tomato when it was opened in KL. I used Fettuccine instead since I had leftovers.


I was quite happy with the food I made with the exception of the Smoked Salmon Spaghetti where I couldn't draw out the Smoked Salmon Flavor well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment