Several Things Ive Learned This Summer

several things i've learned this summer

I always have such a hard time saying goodbye to summer. I know. According to the calendar, summer is long past. I just always want to hang on a little longer than I should.

Ive learned a lot this summer.

Ive learned that John Lithgow has a fig tree in his front yard and if I jump high enough, I can nab one. Thank you Mr. Lithgow.

photo16

Ive learned that having a summer maj (aka a best lady friend) is pretty wonderful.

Thanks Tracy!

Also some iPhone filters make you look pink-tan. Lets just go with it.

several things i've learned this summer

Ive come to learn that Tracy and I text each other A LOT about everything from Magic Mike and sisterly relationships, to cheeseburger strong-arm patriotism.

several things i've learned this summer

Ive learned that Tracy and I also have a weird weird weird guilty pleasure. We watch this Jo y the Baker book tour video to analyze the various facial expressions of Joy and Tucker Taylor.

Its a hobby. So what?

several things i've learned this summer

This summer Ive learned that only your good (and hilarious) friends will make fun of you (in doodle form) while youre giving a stiff speech about blogging.

Youll see down the left side of the doodle that I referred to my blog as a mess of typos. At least Im truthful and self-aware. Thank you Helen Jane.

several things i've learned this summer

Ive learned that the only thing that matters in Palm Springs is cold beer and sunscreen.

several things i've learned this summer

This summer Ive learned that Momofuku ramen noodles followed by gin after gin after gin after gin (really!?), means that you have made very liberal choices in beverage.

several things i've learned this summer

NYC is straight steamy in the summer. Im not talking sexy steam. Hair wilting, mascara running, wh! y-is-you -face-melting steam.

several things i've learned this summer

This summer I stumbled across this picture of my family. I learned that I was a little terror as a youth. I always imagined myself being an angel child. No? Im throwing a fit and trying to shove my mother off a San Francisco trolley? That cant be right.

Ugh. Sorry Mom. Sincerely.

I think Ive posted this picture before but really, it needs revisiting.

several things i've learned this summer

Ive also learned that dads live forever. Isnt that cool?

Gah! Love this man.

several things i've learned this summer

Ive learned that I will neverever tire of this book. Ive had it since I was sixteen and it has gone nearly everywhere with me.

Bukowskis words are so flawed and human (and drunk and real and raw and heartbreaking and hilarious and poetic and utterly beautiful).

several things i've learned this summer

I wrote my very first boyfriends name in that book. His name was Larry and really it was doome! d from t he start. I was into reading, volleyball, and making money at my first job. He was into making out.

Should I call the number? I should right? I really should.

several things i've learned this summer

I learned that if a man wants to grill, you let him grill.

No ifs/ands/but(t)s.

(That butt joke was really just for my own amusement. Apologies.)

several things i've learned this summer.

Ok fine enough is enough! Im ready to say goodbye to summer. Almost.

Maybe just one more hot dog. One more glass of rose? This farewell is rather half-hearted seeing as Los Angeles has been exactly one bazillion degrees lately.

No pumpkins yet. Too soon. I can barely handle soup. Dont make me carve anything.

I love you. Im going to go make doughnuts and stick my face in them.


No comments:

Post a Comment