When You Comment on My Blog

joy the baker

Its important to speak the things that remain unspoken or rather, type the things that remain untyped.

When you comment on my blog, I see you and I appreciate you. I know it takes precious minutes out of your important day to scroll down the page, type in your information, and leave a message for me. I know that you dont have to do this at all. I know that you could easily click over to Smitten Kitchen (which would be awesome), that you could click the other tab in your browser and continue watching Bachelor Pad on Hulu (because thats totally what I would do), that you could go make yourself another cup of coffee (duh). Instead you take the time to say hello to me. That makes you amazing.

I see you, and I appreciate you. I read your comments from my phone first thing in the morning. I read your comments when Im waiting in line at the grocery. When Im at a restaurant and my companion has run to the restroom Im reading your comments. Truth is I love you in a weird way. I think were friends. Other truth is I try my hardest to respond to all of your questions and concerns in the comment section, and Im not always the best at it. Just as a tip: Im pretty stellar at responding to people on Twitter. Thats true. Despite my flaws, I am indebted to you.

Im here to graciously offer my gratitude. I really do appreciate that you come here and take the time to let me know that you are, in fact, here. It really means so much to me. Without your comments Im kinda just a weird girl that makes too many cookies and talks to her cat. Thank you for making me more than that (although Id be totally fine with being a cookie-maker-cat-speaker). I appreciate you, and I dont take your presence for granted. I find you! to be a blessing in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment