Sharp Malaysia launches its smartphone SH530U

When I participated in the Sharp 100th Anniversarys campaign earlier, I did a little research on the brand and found out that Sharp manufactures; among other things, phones! It was only a few months back that I asked myself Hmm interesting. How come no Sharp phones in Malaysia?.

And voila, just this week, I was invited to the launch of the 1st Sharp smartphone in Malaysia!

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia-001

Of course at this stage I wont be able to advise you to buy this Sharp phone or otherwise. I do however have the price its selling at RM1288 and is already available at Harvey Norman, among other IT/electronic stores.

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia

A quick play with it revealed a dull screen meaning it wasnt as sharp as well a SHARP phone should be. I admit I could be biased, after all Im rather spoilt after having used almost all the smartphones on the market.

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia-002

Its large 5 screen is an attractive point. Another is the DUAL SIMcompatibility. That is so perfect for travelers like me, since I always carry 2 smartphones with me whenever Im ! out of t he country, one for my existing Malaysian number and another for the local number with data.

sharp phone launch

Dual sim Oh yeah! :dd

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia-005

Hmm.. what else? Well, the 5MP camera (front) and (0.3 back) is snappy enough. I was told it could take up to 16 shots at one go ( I didnt test that out) but its not able to shoot video and picturessimultaneously(something I love in the HTC One X and SIII). But of course, this is RM1288, so I have to remember to judge it for its value.

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia-006

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia-007

5 inches is big, and the current trend seems to favour bigger screen vs smaller ones. I for one, is seriously considering buying one on media price (anyone interested?) for RM999. All because of the dual sim of course.

Sharp SH530U - sharp phone in malaysia-004

Heres a quick look at the more relevant specs:
Android 4.0 (up-gradable to Jelly Bean? Well the reply we got from the Sharp rep was at this point, they cant guarantee but maybe).
5display Hahha think Note.
5.0MP camera (front), 0.3 (back).
Cortex Dual Core A9 1Ghz.
512mb RAM.
20G storage.

More on the specs later once I obtain a soft copy from the PR. Im not about to type it out from the paper I was given at the launch! :P
So, RM999 anyone for the media price??


No comments:

Post a Comment