Coconut Corn Salad

We ventured out of San Francisco last week for a quick, mid-week, two-night camping trip - and this was the last thing I cooked before leaving. Five ears of corn, shaved in quick fashion, then sauteed in a bit of butter. I tricked it out with thyme, red onions, toasted almonds and coconut.

Coconut Corn Salad RecipeCoconut Corn Salad Recipe

And, come to think of it, that might have been the last time I ate a proper meal (kidding!). We got to our destination (Sequoia National Park), spent the night, I got the stomach flu, we drove home. All the food I prepped for our camping adventure came with us, untouched. I'm embarrassed to tell you, we drove five hours and I never made it beyond the campsite/parking lot. Five hours back - winding roads, high elevation, it was bad. If you're having a bad day, odds are it wasn't as bad as this....of if it is, I am whole-heartedly sympathetic.

While I regroup, enjoy the corn. Or even better, let me know what you're doing with your corn lately. And while that's going on, I'll write up the next recipe (which might be the best thing to come out of my oven all year)...xo -h

Continue reading Coconut Corn Salad...



No comments:

Post a Comment